Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Tutor-ing

There are a couple of adults at my Church that I'm closer to than most teenagers would be. Two of them live just a block or two away from us.

Well, one of their neighbors asked them if they knew someone who was willing to doggysit for her. They recommended me, I guess because I help with their dogs from time to time.

So yesterday I went over there to meet her dog, who by the way is an adorable American Eskimo. I was just expecting to go, meet her dog and leave. Turns out she has two sons, one in 4th grade and one in 5th grade, and she usually tutors them over the summer. In the past she's done it herself, but she feels they would benefit more from some else doing it. (She says she's not a very good teacher.)

She sorta kinda asked if I would tutor them in reading over the summer... I think I'm gonna do it, at least for a little while. If I'm terrible at it, I'll probably stop, sooner or later. :)

Here is what the dog looks like, kinda. (By the way, his name is Mojo.)


****************

My mom got a huge grill for mothers day, or some other special occasion. :) So, yesterday, as my big bro's birthday gift to my big sis, he bought some really nice cuts of beef to grill on our new grill... I ate the most I've ever eaten, literally. I made veggie packs, which are chopped potatoes, carrots and onions with salt and butter, and corn on the cob.
I ate a 32oz ribeye steak, a very large veggie pack, a large piece of corn on the cob and probably four cups of sweet tea. Maybe not really the most I've ever eaten, but it was pretty close. It was definitely the BEST steak I've ever had. The only one I haven't wanted A1 steak sauce with. Thanks Big Bro!

No comments:

Post a Comment