Thoughts from someone who isn't going (and isn't interested in going) to banquet.
Firstly, there are a few things a woman should know.
1. How to tie a tie.
2. How to put on a boutonniere.
3. How to graciously accept a corsage.
4. How to hold their dress so it doesn't drag the ground.
5. How to gracefully get in a car with a dress on.
Secondly, some things men need to know.
1. Ask your date what color she is going to wear. (You really don't want to clash.)
2. GET A CORSAGE!
3. Make concrete plans about when you meet and when you are going to leave.
4. BE ON TIME!
5. Open doors. (Duh. Be a gentleman.)
A few things I find myself thankful for as I people watch from an upper window.
1. A mother and some sisters who taught me how to dress with class.
2. Brothers who are gentlemen at all times, not just when a situation calls for it.
3. A mother and sisters who showed me how to be a gentlewoman through their own interactions.
4. Someone (or more accurately someones) who taught me that I don't need someone to make me worthwhile.
5. The enjoyment that I can get from reading a good book.
6. A brother who is buying me a pizza, because pizza is yum. :)
And no, these are not referring to actual people. The interactions I saw this evening actually improved my confidence in the human race. These are just some things that occurred to me.