Thursday, December 17, 2015

Seasons

I love the changing of the seasons. And it's Christmas Season now! I won't say it's my favorite season, but it is one of my favorites... The decorations, the music, the family and friends, parties! The past two years are the first times I've been... old enough? aware enough? whatever, to actually get into the Christmas party mood. I didn't really enjoy them or something before that. But these last two years I've gone to and even hosted Christmas parties. Last night was the Christmas party for my Bible study group and I have to say it went really well. There was lots of food and games and gifts and laughing... 

~~~

If you know me at all, you know I'm a pretty clumsy person... Yesterday in the preparations for the party I hurt myself three times. I bashed the back of my hand against the corner of a cabinet, I banged my elbow hard against a door and I burned my hand on a pan. Last Monday I was carrying my laptop and tripped over a dog, jamming my shoulder and my elbow. A few days before that I was getting out of bed and I twisted my ankle by stepping on a shoe. I swear it's like I'm weirdly self-destructive. I just hope I'm not in traction before Christmas gets here!

~~~

This year our family isn't doing very many Christmas presents. But I like to make sure everybody has something to open. Just for the fun of it. I just get little cheap stuff and wrap it like it's all fancy... I think I've gotten something for everyone except my middle brother. I'm not sure what to get him. I'll think about it though!

~~~

I won a drawing the other day. Got a super nice pair of gaming headphones with a mic! I've been waiting so impatiently for them to get here and they arrived yesterday!! But then it occurred to me that I shouldn't open them and should wrap them and wait for Christmas instead... So I'm going to, even though it'll be hard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment