Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Birthday Post for my Bestie 'Cuz

At Bible study last Sunday we talked about really loving someone, and telling them that you do. This is the result of that very wise and insightful talk we got into. So, this goes out to my best friend and cousin, I wish you a wonderful year.


I don't need to be your friend, I want to be your friend.
If I needed to be your friend, there would be no choice on my part, it would be involuntary.
But I WANT to be your friend, which makes it a choice I have to make every day. Except, for me, it isn't a choice at all.
I have always been your friend, you have always been my friend, and we will ALWAYS be friends.
No matter what happens, no matter what life, in all its stupidness, throws at us, no matter where we move to, or how our lives change, we will always be best friends and cousins.

I don't need to love you, I want to love you.
If I needed to love you, there would be no choice on my part, it would be involuntary.
But I WANT to love you, which makes it a choice I have to make every day. Except, for me, it isn't a choice at all.
I have always loved you, you have always loved me, and we will ALWAYS love each other.
No matter what happens, no matter what life, in all its stupidness, throws at us, no matter where we move to, or how our lives change, we will always be best friends and cousins.

1 comment: